Art and Apples Festival – Rochester
The Art & Apples Festival is happening September 6- September 8 of 2013 at Rochester Municipal Park in Rochester. I hope to be attending the event to cover the annual baking contest that features apple pies and apple desserts. Bakers submit their own signature apple pie, or any type of apple dessert. I did the same in previous years on OCM and the competition is fierce!
2013 Art and Apples Festival Hours:
Friday, September 6 – 4p-7:30
Saturday, September 7 – 9a-7:30p
Sunday, September 8 – 9a-4p
The Art and Apples Applie Pie and Dessert contest will take place Saturday, September 7 at 11:30am at the Art & Apples Festival in Rochester Park. Winners will be announced at approximately 12:30pm on the Main Stage. Applicants must use apples as the main ingredient.
The festival will be held in Rochester Park in Downtown Rochester September 6-8. Parking shuttle service is available on Saturday and Sunday from the Rochester High School parking lot to the Rochester Community House.
Each year, over 125,000 southeast Michigan residents and art lovers kick off the fall season at a festival that gathers more than 290 fine artists from across the country. Paint Creek Center for the Arts’ prestigious Art & Apples Festival is now celebrating its 48th year and is proud to bring a nationally ranked art fair to Rochester each fall. The 3-day event takes place September 6-8, 2013 in the scenic 30-acre Rochester Park.
With higher than average numbers of artist applications, this year’s festival has attracted artists from throughout the US who are excited to exhibit their work this fall. Festival Director, Laura Bates looks forward to the event saying, “This year, the Art & Apples Festival received a higher number of artist applications and with that, has attracted an immense amount of artistic talent. Those who attend the festival each year will be happy to see both familiar faces and exciting newcomers at the 2013 festival, and are sure to be impressed by the high caliber artists and their work.”
The annual art festival is Michigan’s 2nd largest juried fine art fair and is a program of the regional nonprofit art center, Paint Creek Center for the Arts. Located in downtown Rochester, PCCA presents high-quality arts and cultural programming year-round and takes great pride in planning and executing such a prominent festival that continuously ranks in the top 10% of art fairs across the country.
A suggested $5 donation (tax-deductible) at the entrances to the festival provides funding for Paint Creek Center for the Arts and other local nonprofit organizations. We thank you for your patronage.
Other 2013 Art and Apples Highlights Include:
- ARTISTS – Over 285 artists will showcase their fine art in a variety of mediums – textiles, watercolor, woodworking, glass, pottery, jewelry and more. This year, 25% of the artists are new to the Art & Apples Festival.
- Seventh Annual Community Apple Baking Contest – Finalists will be asked to bake an apple pie or specialty apple dessert for Saturday, September 7 at 10:30am. Guest judges include: Rochester Hills Mayor Bryan Barnett; Oakland County Executive, L. Brooks Patterson; FOX2 Personality Taryn Asher; FOX2 Personality Jason Carr; Mark Slessor, Royal Park Hotel Pastry Chef; and Miss Michigan 2009, Lindsey Tycholiz.
- FOOD – Three food courts will feed hungry festival-goers. New fare this year includes polish cuisine and barbeque goodies along with all of the familiar favorites and of course, apple pies.
- ENTERTAINMENT- Entertainment will feature both local and national acts including Rochester-area high school bands. Acts include: Deborah’s Stage Door, Hubbell Street Jazz, the Flint Jubilee Gospel Chorale and more. Performances are non-stop over the festival weekend starting at 4pm on Friday through 4pm on Sunday. The event also features the Oakland University Acoustic Stage nestled in a shady grove of trees.
- KIDS STUFF – Kids and families can enjoy a variety of FREE activities in the Kids Art Zone including “make and take” art projects from Paint Creek Center for the Arts and the Detroit Institute of Arts, a life-size Art Maze, and a rock climbing wall and inflatables sponsored by Oakland County Parks and Recreation.
For additional information about the Art & Apples Festival, please call (248) 651-4110 or visit www.ArtandApples.com.
Paint Creek Center for the Arts (PCCA) is pleased to announce that the Art & Apples Festival is now ranked #13 in the nation by Sunshine Artist Magazine.
According to Sunshine Artist Magazine, “The Art & Apples Festival has long enjoyed a reputation for offering great profit potential and a well-balanced mix of fine art and craft. Now, after several years in the top 30, the show has rocketed up another 14 notches – a move that’s sure to attract even more attention from savvy exhibitors…”
“Being named the top 13 festival in the U.S. by Sunshine Artist Magazine was fantastic news for the staff and board members of Paint Creek Center for the Arts,” said Ellen Hughes, PCCA Marketing Director. “The Art & Apples Festival is a year-round effort and the #13 ranking gives merit to our hard work and dedication.”
Click here for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan events, activities and things to do.
Presented by Paint Creek Center for the Arts, the Art & Apples Festival is Michigan’s second largest juried fine art festival with an average attendance of over 125,000 festival-goers and 285+ artists from across the country. The festival showcases artists from across the country, local and national entertainment acts, a free Kids Art Zone, Activity Zone, 3 food courts and more.
Click here for the winners of the 2012 Arts and Apples Pie and Dessert contest.
Click here for the 1st-place winning recipe from the 2012 Art and Apples Dessert contest.
Click here for the 2nd-place winning recipe from the 2012 Art and Apples Dessert contest.
Click here for the winners of the 2011 Arts and Apples Pie and Dessert contest.
Click here for the 3rd-place winning recipe from 2011 Art and Apples Dessert contest.
Click here for the 2nd-place winning recipe from the 2011 Art and Apples Dessert contest.
Click here for the 1st-place winning recipe from 2011 Art and Apples Dessert contest.
Click here for the winners of the 2010 Arts and Apples Pie and Dessert contest.
Click here for the winners of the 2009 Arts and Apples Pie and Dessert contest.
Click here for the winning recipe from the 2010 Art and Apples Dessert contest.
Click here for the winning recipe from the 2010 Art and Apples Pie contest.
Click here for more info on Arts and Apples.