Art and Apples Rochester 2014
Art and Apples Festival 2014 will take place September 5-7, 2014 at Rochester Municipal Park in Downtown Rochester, Michigan.
Oakland County Moms will be attending the 3-day festival to cover the annual baking contest that features apple pies and apple desserts. Bakers submit their own signature apple pie, or any type of apple dessert to be judged by a panel of esteemed Oakland County leaders and local celebrities.
ART AND APPLES ROCHESTER 2014 HOURS
- Friday, September 5, 2014 – 4p-7:30
- Saturday, September 6, 2014 – 9a-7:30p
- Sunday, September 7, 2014 – 9a-4p
ART AND APPLES ROCHESTER 2014 EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
- ARTISTS – Over 285 artists will showcase their fine art in a variety of mediums – textiles, watercolor, woodworking, glass, pottery, jewelry and more.
- ANNUAL COMMUNITY APPLE BAKING CONTEST – Finalists will be asked to bake an apple pie or specialty apple dessert for the big contest on Saturday. Categories include Apple Pie & Apple Dessert recipes.
- FOOD – Three food courts will feed hungry festival-goers. New fare this year includes polish cuisine and barbeque goodies along with all of the familiar favorites and of course, apple pies.
- ENTERTAINMENT- Entertainment will feature both local and national acts including Rochester-area high school bands.
- KIDS STUFF – Kids and families can enjoy a variety of FREE activities in the Kids Art Zone, a life-size Art Maze, and a rock climbing wall and inflatables sponsored by Oakland County Parks and Recreation.
The Eighth Annual Pie and Dessert contest is gearing up as Paint Creek Center for the Arts begins its search for interested bakers to submit either an apple pie or apple dessert with apples as the main ingredient. Applications are available at www.ArtandApples.com. The non-refundable application fee is $5 and must be submitted by September 2, 2014. Participating bakers will gather with their entries on Saturday, September 6th at 11:00am at the Art & Apples Festival where guest judges including: Oakland County Executive, L Brooks Patterson; Rochester Hills Mayor, Bryan K. Barnett; Rochester Mayor, Jeff Cuthbertson; Taryn Asher and Jason Carr from FOX2 Detroit; Miss Oakland County Teen 2014, Kristin Penrose; and Kevin Klobucar, President and CEO of Blue Care Network will be on-site to sample each pie or dessert and award first, second, and third place in each category. Winners will be announced at approximately 12:30pm on the main stage following the judging. All proceeds benefit Paint Creek Center for the Arts.
Presented by Paint Creek Center for the Arts, a nonprofit art center, the Art & Apples Festival is Michigan’s second largest juried fine art festival with an average attendance of over 200,000 festival-goers and 290 artists from across the country. The festival showcases artists from across the country, local entertainment acts, a free Kids Art Zone, Activity Zone, 3 food courts and more.
For additional information about the Art and Apples Rochester 2014, please call (248) 651-4110 or visit www.ArtandApples.com.
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
See related posts below for Art and Apples Festival pics, award-winning recipes and more.