AMC Theatres has teamed up with the Autism Society of America to present sensory friendly films. Families affected by autism and other disabilities can enjoy movies in a safe and accepting environment during the monthly Sensory Friendly Films program.
These movies will feature lowered sound and dim lighting. Patrons can bring their own gluten-free or casein-free snacks and the kids can "dance, walk, shout or sing" or move about the aisles. No previews or advertisements will be shown before the movies. The movies are geared toward children ages 5 & up and showings begin at 10am. The cost is $5. All shows are at 10:00 am local time. Dates and films are subject to change.
AMC Theatres participating in the Sensory Friendly Films Program in the Metro Detroit / SE Michigan area include:
AMC Forum 30
44681 Mound Road
Sterling Hts, Michigan
AMC Star Gratiot 21
35705 Gratiot Avenue
Clinton Township, Michigan
AMC Livonia 20
19500 Haggerty Rd
Upcoming Sensory Friendly Film showings:
- December 8th, 2012 - RISE OF THE GUARDIANS
- January 5, 2013 - MONSTERS, INC 2-D
- March 30, 2013 - THE CROODS 2-D
- April 13, 2013 - JURASSIC PARK 2-D
- June 1, 2013 - EPIC 3-D
- June 29, 2013 - MONSTERS UNIVERSITY
- July 13, 2013 - DESPICABLE ME 2
- August 10, 2013 - THE SMURFS 2
- September 21, 2013 - THE LITTLE MERMAID
- October 5, 2013 - CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS 2
- November 9, 2013 - MR. PEABODY AND SHERMAN
- November 27, 2013 - FROZEN 3-D
- December 21, 2013 - WALKING WITH DINOSAURS 3-D
For more info:
AMC Entertainment Community Relations
Autism Society of America
Click here for more Oakland County, Michigan events, activities and things to do.
Click here to become an Oakland County Moms member and find us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
Click here for more Autism and ASD articles from our Oakland County Moms Autism Diary.