My brother and his family came in from Florida for a visit this past weekend and it was one of the coolest, rainiest, weekends yet; typical Michigan Fall weather. I was expecting them to complain about Michigan weather and gloat about the sunny days in Florida. But instead, my sister-in-law expressed what a relief it was to feel some cool fall Michigan weather. It got me thinking. I may complain when the Michigan winters drag, but I would take the change of seasons over the same weather year-round any day.
Now that we're in the midst of Fall, I can honestly say I appreciate the change in seasons in Michigan now more than ever. Just to give you an idea, here are my top living in Michigan Fall favorites...
- Fall Foliage - Michigan offers the best views of fall foliage. See it here.
- World Series - There's no better time to watch baseball.
- Football games - I'd rather watch a football game outdoors on a cool, crisp, even rainy day vs. a hot, humid summer day.
- Fall colors and fashions - What can I say? My skin tone loves fall colors, and you've just got to love the fall looks.
- Cider Mills - Get the best of the best at a Michigan cider mill. Check out some of the local cider mills here.
- Doughnuts - When else can you eat Krispy Kremes or cider mill donuts without the guilt?
- Apple pies - Apple pies made with Michigan apples in the heart of the apple season... yum.
- Bon fires - So comforting to stand next to a bon fire and feel the warmth, even on the coolest of Michigan nights.
- Cuddling - On a hot and humid Michigan summer night, my husband would never let me snuggle up with him under a blanket.
- Sweatpants - A cozy pair of thick cotton sweatpants feel so nice when it's chilly, and even better when reading a book.
- Frankenberry, Count Chocula, Boo Berry - when these Halloween cereals hit the shelves, it's like reaching the moment you've been waiting for since finishing your last bowl last year.
- Thanksgiving - One of my favorite holidays that is wonderful on its own, and even better if celebrated with apple pies, cuddling, football...
Why are you thankful for Michigan in the Fall?