Christmas Wonderfest – Campus Martius Park
Christmas Wonderfest is an indoor/outdoor festival of Christmas that features European Christmas Markets, carnival-style rides, galleries of art, shopping, live entertainment and Santa Claus photo opportunities for all visiting children. Christmas Wonderfest runs from November 16th-18th, 2012 and again from November 22nd-25th at Campus Martius Park in Downtown Detroit.
Christmas Wonderfest highlights:
- Hofbrauhaus Beer Garden: Popular in Germany for more than 500 years and spreading rapidly across the U.S. today, the Hofbrauhaus Beer Garden experience offers several authentic craft brews, as well as other beverages – and a convivial gathering place for Wonderfest guests of all ages.
- Visits with Santa Claus at the North Pole! Families virtually express travel from Detroit to the North Pole to meet the Big Man Himself! After their visit with Santa, children are invited to create a Christmas ornament for their family tree, and an additional one for a children’s charity in the city.
- Carousel and Ferris Wheel Rides: Enjoy an expansive view of the official Detroit Christmas Tree and skating rink as well as the entire city from atop the Wonderfest Ferris Wheel or take a whirl on a beautiful carousel pony in Cadillac Square.
- International Marketplace: features gifts and goods from countries across the globe!
Christmas Wonderfest hours for 2012:
- Friday, November 16- 4pm until 10pm
- Saturday, November 17- 10am until 10pm
- Sunday, November 18- Noon until 8pm
- Thursday, November 22- 9am until 1pm
- Friday, November 23- 10am until 10pm
- Saturday, November 24- 10am until 10pm
- Sunday, November 25- Noon until 8pm
Santa Claus appearances at Christmas Wonderfest for 2012:
- Friday, November 16- 5pm until 9p
- Saturday, November 17- 2pm until 6pm
- Sunday, November 18- 2pm until 6pm
- Thursday, November 22- Santa is busy in the parade and won’t be able to visit.
- Friday, November 23- 2pm until 6pm
- Saturday, November 24- 2pm until 6pm
- Sunday, November 25- 2pm until 6pm
You can check the Christmas Wonderfest website for more info!
Ice-Skating season at the beautiful Campus Martius Park Ice-Skating Rink kicks off November 16th, 2012 from 9p to midnight at the Winter Magic-Detroit Festival and will remain open through March 4th, 2012. Click here for details.
About Campus Martius Park
Campus Martius Park, Detroit’s Gathering Place and the centerpiece of revitalization in downtown, is a legacy gift to the City of Detroit from the Detroit 300 Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that has raised over $20 million to design, construct, and operate the Park through businesses, foundations, and individual donations. The nationally recognized Campus Martius Park is the recent recipient of The 2010 Urban Land Institute’s Amanda Burden Open Space Award. Program Planning for the Park was by Project for Public Spaces and the Park’s designer was Rundell Ernstberger Associates, LLC. For more information, contact the Detroit 300 Conservancy at (313) 962-0101 or visit Campus Martius Park website.
Campus Martius Park
800 Woodward Ave