Dragon on the Lake 2014
The 6th annual Dragon on the Lake Summer Festival is set for August 22 through August 24, 2014 in downtown Lake Orion, its surrounding parks and Lake Orion itself.
Dragon on the Lake 2014 kicks off on Friday, August 22 with a Lighted Boat Parade on Lake Orion – where decorated boats in dragon theme follow the fire breathing dragon, while dozens of spectator boats follow and create a festive start to the weekend.
Events and activities for Dragon on the Lake 2014 include:
- Chalk Art Challenge, where streets are transformed into a public art show over the course of the weekend with cash prizes offered to top creations.
- Charity Casino at the Dragon Pub on Friday from 7p-11p.
- 5K run through Lake Orion on Friday.
- a Kidz Zone and Teen Zone
- Lakeside Living Art Fair Saturday and Sunday from 11a-6p
- Dragon Boat Races on Sunday morning
- live entertainment
- Dragon Pub Beer and Wine Tent
- Rockin’ 80s Retrofest Saturday Night at the Dragon Pub
For more info on Dragon on the Lake 2014, visit the Dragon on the Lake website.
See our Events / Activities tab for more Fireworks events, activities and things to do in Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan.
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.