Dragon on the Lake Summer Festival – Lake Orion
The 5th annual Dragon on the Lake Summer Festival is set for August 23 through August 25, 2013 from 11am-6pm each day in downtown Lake Orion, its surrounding parks and the lake itself.
The event kicks off on Friday, August 23 with an evening sponsor party and Lighted Boat Parade on Lake Orion- where decorated boats in dragon theme follow the fire breathing dragon, while dozens of spectator boats follow and create a festive start to the weekend.
Events and activities for Dragon on the Lake include:
- Chalk Art Challenge, where streets are transformed into a public art show over the course of the weekend with cash prizes offered to top creations.
- art for sale
- a Kidz Zone and Teen Zone
- art exhibits & demonstrations
- performance art
- live entertainment
- food by local eateries
- crafts, games and activities for all ages with senior focused programming during daytime hours and a teen concert on Saturday at 6pm.
- A beer and wine garden will run until 11pm on Saturday with live bands at the Municipal Parking Lot.
Click here for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan events, activities and things to do.
Click here for the Dragon on the Lake website.
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.