Free Summer Fun at the Village of Rochester Hills
The Village of Rochester Hills will be hosting free summer fun for kids on Thursdays from 5:30p-7p throughout the summer. Oakland County Moms is a proud sponsor of the It Takes a Village Kid Club and will help host the weekly free events.
It Takes a Village Kid Club Free Summer Events Include:
- June 27 from 5:30p-7p – Zippity 2 Dads – Zippity 2 Dads will kick off the 2013 season with a show to entertain and make the whole family laugh!
- July 11 from 5:30p-7p – Robot Garage – Robot Garage brings their place to the Village for children to imagine, design, and build. The Robot Garage was created for LEGO® and robotics enthusiasts of all ages.
- July 18 from 5:30p-7p – YMCA Day Camp – Spend a few hours with the YMCA camp right at the Village. Come ready to play games, sing and do interactive programs with lead Y camp staff.
- July 25 from 5:30p-7p – Wunderground MAGIC – The Wunderground Magic Shop will be onsite doing a magic show and providing some instruction for the children that are interested in learning how to do magic.
- August 1 from 5:30p-7p – Friendship Factory- Friendship Factory is bringing craft night to you! Spend the evening making personalized pieces and learn about anti-bullying.
- August 8 from 5:30p-7p – Zippity 2 Dads – Zippity 2 Dads will perform a show to entertain and make the whole family laugh!
- August 15 from 6p-9p – Play 1st, Crittenton Teen Night and Battle of the Bands! Join OCM, our friends at Crittenton, Play 1st Mobile Gaming and The Village of Rochester Hills for an event just for teens and their families. There will be a variety of interactive activities to encourage healthy minds, healthy bodies, and a healthy spirit. Activities include: music, Play 1st Video Gaming Station, exercise, nutrition, career advice for teens, a parent zone, anti-bullying advice and more.
- August 22 from 5:30p-7p – Rochester Professional Karate School of America – Professional Karate School of America will come to the Village and teach an introductory class on karate; and the whole family can join in the fun!
- August 29 from 5:30p-7p – Game Crazy End of Summer Party – Game Crazy comes to celebrate the end of summer with all our kids. This one you won’t want to miss!
The Village of Rochester Hills “It Takes a Village” kids club activities and events are designed for school-age children.
FREE OUTDOOR MOVIES AT THE VILLAGE OF ROCHESTER HILLS
The Village of Rochester Hills will also host outdoor summer movies this summer on June 27 (Madagascar 3) NOTE: The June 27 showing was canceled due to weather and has been rescheduled for July 11, July 25 (The Incredibles), and August 22 (The Croods).
MAKE MUSIC MONDAYS
The Village of Rochester Hills will also be hosting “Make Music Mondays” at the Village for children 0-6 every Monday at 10:30a. Start off the day with a brisk walk led by Crittenton, providing helpful tips on parenting and answering questions you might have. Kids and parents come together each week with a theme, so plan to let your kids (and you too) wear their dress-up clothes and get into character for the event! The Village of Rochester Hills will have a story time incorporating the theme and then go into the music portion of the day. Children will sing, dance, learn about beats and rhythm, all while being active in the fresh air. And then to end the day, the YMCA will be onsite with a special art project that wraps up the weekly theme.
2013 “MAKE MUSIC MONDAY” Themes – don’t forget to “dress up” for the day!
- June 24: Calling all Cowboy and Cowgirls
- July 1: Traveling Across America
- July 8: Animal Lovers:
- July 15: Irish Pirates: Lads and Lasses
- July 22: Royal Princes and Princesses
- July 29: By the Seashore
- August 5: Playin in the Kitchen
- August 12: All About Stuffies (bring your favorite “stuffed” friend)
- August 19: Traveling Around the World
- August 26: Party Time!
“It Takes a Village” Kid Club – Sponsored by Oakland County Moms
Thursdays at 5:30 pm
Village of Rochester Hills
104 N Adams Rd
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
Click here for more free summer fun happening all summer long in Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan.
All these events will require parents to remain with their children and assisting in classes and with activities. Our volunteers are here to guide and inspire, not to babysit or watch the children. This is for your child’s personal safety and well-being.
About the Village of Rochester Hills
The Village of Rochester Hills brings fashion, dining and ambiance together to create Rochester Hills’ very own downtown. From Parisian to Whole Foods Market and fifty more shops and eateries, there is something for everyone. With parking available in front of your favorite store, shopping The Village is easy and convenient. Open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m.-9 p.m. and Sundays from noon-6 p.m. Visit http://www.thevorh.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/thevorh for more information.
Click here for free summer fun for kids ideas and events in Oakland County and SE Michigan.
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.