Homemade Restaurant Style Nachos Recipe – Nachos are easy to make. Getting restaurant-style results is difficult! In my quest for restaurant quality nachos, I went with high-end ingredients.
Instead of Tostitos chips, I used the Whole Foods homemade tortilla chips which are outstanding. Get the taste of eating out with this homemade nachos recipe! Here’s how to make them:
HOMEMADE RESTAURANT STYLE NACHOS INGREDIENTS
- Tortilla Chips (I highly recommend Whole Foods’ homemade tortilla chips)
- 1/3 lb. ground pork
- 1/3 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 T. chili powder (or more, to taste)
- 2 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. salt
- 2 T. minced onion (the dehydrated kind in the spice aisle)
- 12 oz. package of shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack cheese mixture
- 1/4 c. diced green peppers
- 1/4 c. sliced black olives
- 1/4 c. canned black beans
- 1/4 c. sliced mild jalapenos
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 1/4 c. pico de gallo (I highly recommend the homemade pico de gallo from Whole Foods)
HOMEMADE RESTAURANT STYLE NACHOS DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook ground beef and ground pork, seasoning it with the chili powder, garlic powder, minced onion and salt. Line a cookie sheet with foil (for easy clean up) sprayed with a non-stick spray. Place a single layer of tortilla chips on foil. Next, layer meat mixture over chips. Top with shredded cheese. Sprinkle with green peppers, black olives, black beans, and jalapenos. Cook for 6-7 minutes. Take out of oven and sprinkle with lettuce and pico de gallo. If you want some kick, add some Cholula Hot Sauce. Restaurant-style nachos are the best.
SEE OUR REVIEWS / RECIPES TAB FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES.