Oakland County Airport Airshow and Open House 2014
Oakland County Airport Airshow and Open House takes place Sunday, August 24, 2014 from 10a-4p at Oakland County International Airport in Waterford, Michigan.
The Oakland County Airport Airshow and Open House is a free event! See exciting planes up-close as you tour the grounds. There is a special play area for kids during the Open House. You can purchase rides in airplanes for just $25 and helicopters during the open house for just $35 per person. Call 248-666-3900 for more info. Parking for the Airshow and Open House is just $5.
2014 Oakland County Airport Airshow and Open House Schedule
- Pancake Breakfast – 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM (cost is $7 for adults & $5 for kids)
- Warbird Arrivals – 9:00 AM
- Open House Begins – 10:00 AM
- Airshow Opening – 2:00 PM
- Parachute Jump with the American Flag (National Anthem)
- Doug Dodge – “Macharia” (High Performance Biplane)
- Vlado Lenoch flying a North American T-6 – WWII Advanced Trainer
- RC Giant Scale Aircraft
2014 Oakland County Airport Airshow Open House Activities
- Health and Safety Fair – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Bill Crell the NASA Guy (experiments / demonstrations)
- Airplane Rides
- Helicopter Rides
- Kids Play Area
- Kids Bounce House & Rockwall
- U of M Flight
Vintage Jets on display
- Roundball One – The Detroit Piston’s Jett
- Radio Controlled Airplanes – Demos available!
- Parachute jumps
- WW2 Military Vehicles
- Yankee Air Force B25 (rides available) & C47
- Tuskegee Motor Gliders
- Oakland County Sherriff’s Helicopter and Hovercraft!
To learn more about Oakland County Airport Airshow & Open House, call 248-666-3900 or visit http://www.ociaopenhouse.org/.
Oakland County International Airport
6500 Highland Road
Waterford, Michigan, USA, 48327
See our Events / Activities tab for more events, activities and things to do in Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan.