Join Detroit Lions Youth Football on the football fields of Oakland County this summer for six football camps designed to improve a child's knowledge and skill level in the game!
Detroit Lions Youth Football will conduct the following camps in Oakland County:
Quarterback-Wide Receiver Academy (children ages 8-14)
*Focusing on the drills and techniques surrounding the quarterback and wide receiver positions (stance, start, footwork, throwing technique, route running, catching)
- Saturday, June 8 - Sunday, June 9: at Detroit Country Day in Beverly Hills from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. $80
Fundamentals Camp (children ages 6-14)
*Focusing two days on offensive positions (offensive line, quarterback, running back, wide receiver) and two days on defensive positions (defensive back, defensive line, linebacker, tackling, and special teams)
*Scrimmages, video session, and a visit from a current or former Detroit Lions player
- Monday, June 10 - Thursday, June 13: at Hawkins Elementary School in Brighton from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon. $169
- Monday, July 29 - Thursday, August 1: at Lake Orion High School in Lake Orion from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon. $169
Detroit Lions Youth Football Academies for Offensive Skills (ages 8-14)
*Provides a detailed understanding of the quarterback, running back and wide receiver positions. Participants will develop their skills at all three positions. The 4-day Offensive Skills Academy provides a 7 on 7 Passing Tournament on the final day of the Academy.
- Monday, July 22 - Thursday, July 25: at Lakeland High School in White Lake, Michigan from 9a-noon. $169.
2013 Lil' Lions Academy (Ages 4-8)
*Provides a basic understanding of the quarterback, running back and wide receiver position for the child just beginning to learn to play the game. Participants will work at developing their skills at all three positions.
- Thursday, July 18, Thursday, July 25, Thursday, August 1: South Lyon at Volunteer Park from 6:15p-7:15p. $45.
- Saturday, July 20, 27, August 3: Southfield at Inglenook Park from 10:00-11:00 a.m. $45
Camps and academies are non-contact programs, meaning no football pads will be worn. A mouthguard and football cleats are recommended.
Camps and academies will consist of quality, high-energy football instruction, a 10:1 athlete to coach ratio, a Lions Camp T-shirt and more! Each camp location is limited to the first 70 participants to register. Participants are grouped based on age and skill level.
If a Detroit Lions Youth Football Camp in Oakland County doesn't work in your family's summer schedule, please join us at another one of our remaining Detroit Lions Youth Football Camps and Academies around the state of Michigan. To register or for the entire camp schedule, please visit www.DetroitLions.com/youthfootball or call 313-262-2248. Below is the entire 2013 Detroit Lions Youth Football Camp schedule for every camp stop this summer in Michigan.
The 2013 Detroit Lions Youth Football Camp Schedule:
4 Day Detroit Lions Youth Fundamentals Camps ($169) 8:30a-Noon
- June 10 - 13, 2013 Brighton, Michigan (Hornung Elementary)
- June 17 - 20, 2013 Detroit, Michigan (Ford Field)
- June 17 - 20, 2013 Grand Blanc, Michigan (Grand Blanc HS)
- June 24 - 27, 2013 Traverse City, Michigan (Traverse City West Middle School)
- June 30 - July 3, 2013 Plymouth, Michigan (Central Middle School)
- July 8 - 11, 2013 Chesterfield, Michigan (L'Anse Creuse Middle School East)
- July 8 - 11, 2013 Grandville, Michigan (Grandville High School)
- July 15 - 18, 2013 Allen Park, Michigan (Lions Training Facility)
- July 22 - July 25, 2013 Sylvania, Ohio (Sylvania Northview High School)
- July 29 - August 1, 2013 Lake Orion, Michigan (Lake Orion High School)
2 Day Detroit Lions Youth Fundamentals Mini-Camps ($95) 8:30a-Noon
- June 22 - 23, 2013 Midland, Michigan (Northwood University)
- July 13 - 14, 2013 Holton, Michigan (Holton High School)
- July 13 - 14, 2013 Grayling, Michigan (Grayling High School)
- July 20 - 21, 2013 Saline, Michigan (Saline High School)
- July 26, 2013 Laingsburg, Michigan (Laingsburg High School) 1 day camp - 9a-5p
- July 27 - 28, 2013 Jackson, Michigan (East Jackson High School)
- July 27 - 28, 2013 Paw Paw, Michigan (Tyler Field)
- August 2, 2013 Evart, Michigan (Evart High School) 1 day camp - 9a-5p
- August 3 - 4, 2013 Greenville, Michigan (Greenville High School)
Detroit Lions Youth Football Academies (ages 8-14 and 11-18) for Quarterbacks and Receivers - 9a-noon ($80)
- June 8 & 9, 2013 Beverly Hills, Michigan (Detroit Country Day HS)
- July 19, 2013 Okemos, Michigan (Chippewa Middle School)
Detroit Lions Middle School/High School Lineman Academy (ages 8-14) - 2p-5p ($95)
- June 17 & 18, 2013 Detroit, Michigan (Ford Field)
Detroit Lions Quarterback and Receiver Academy for Middle/High School - ($169) - 9a-4p
- June 28 & 29, 2013 Detroit, Michigan (Ford Field)
Detroit Lions Youth Football Academies (ages 8-14) for Offensive Skills - 9a-noon ($169)
- July 22 - 25, 2013 White Lake, Michigan (Lakeland High School)
- July 29 - August 1, 2013 Grand Rapids, Michigan (MVP Fieldhouse)
Detroit Lions Kicking and Punting Academy for Middle/High School - ($95) - 2p-5p
- June 19 & 20, 2013 Detroit, Michigan (Ford Field)
Lil' Lions Academy (Ages 4-8) - evenings - ($45)
- July 15, 16, 17, 2013 Sterling Heights, Michigan (Delia Park) 6p-7p
- July 20, 27 and August 3rd, 2013, Southfield, Michigan (Inglenook Park) 10a-11a
- July 18, 25 & August 1, 2013 South Lyon, Michigan (Volunteer Park) 6:15p-7:15p
Click here for more summer camp options in Oakland County and Metro Detroit, MI.
Click here for an OCM review of the benefits of Detroit Lions Youth Football Camps.