Rapunzel’s Lice Boutique Review – Sterling Heights
With parents’ busy schedules, getting hit with head lice in the household can be a major setback. Not knowing how to tackle the lice situation only adds more stress and wasted efforts. There are many things to look out for and it starts with being able to detect if you even have a lice infestation.
Years ago, families were on their own from point A (determining if your child has head lice) to point Z (ridding of the head lice). Additionally, many of the available options for treatment were not non-toxic and were not all that effective.
Thankfully, Rapunzel’s Lice Boutique in Sterling Heights (and Ann Arbor and Grand Rapids) – the expert on head lice and a specialty store that offers head lice services and non-toxic lice products. Rapunzel’s Lice Boutique will resolve head lice issues in a fraction of the time you’d spend otherwise, using exclusive FDA approved methods.
Here’s how the Repunzal’s lice elimination process works…
Since you first need to determine if you do indeed have head lice, Sarah Casello-Rees, owner of Rapunzel’s Lice Boutique says “Bring your family in to one of our boutiques. They are clean, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable and we can confirm whether you have head lice or if it’s a false alarm.”
At Rapunzel’s, it’s only $10 for a head check and it’s free on Wednesdays. And, if Rapunzel’s finds that you have head lice, they apply the $10 toward the lice removal fee. This is the quickest method and you’re so much better off than if you spent money on products that you may not need and don’t work anyway.
Rapunzel’s offers two non-toxic lice treatment options:
- Full service head lice treatment: “We are Michigan’s exclusive provider of the LouseBuster™ Treatment System. It is an FDA cleared medical device that uses heated air to desiccate the lice and nits. It’s 99.2% effective, only requires one visit and we guarantee it 100%” says Casello-Rees.
- Self treatment for head lice: Rapunzel’s sells its own brand of self treatment products. According to Casello-Rees, “They are non-toxic and very effective; however there is of course a certain amount of labor involved on the parent’s part. Also, if the mom has lice, often, she has no one to do the combing on her own head. I estimate, when the kids get lice, mom gets lice about 80% of the time.”
Rapunzel’s also offers after-care items for head lice treatments, i.e. products that can deter lice. So, once you’re clear, you can use these products to help prevent lice in the future – a great practice during the school months!
Rapunzel’s has the lice elmination process perfected. Be careful about what you find through research. There is no shortage of home lice remedies that can be found on the internet. Some can be effective in killing the live bugs, such as olive oil. However, olive oil must be left in the hair for 8 hours and does not kill the nits. Be sure not to use baby oil or vaseline, as these products are extremely difficult to remove from the hair. Never use kerosene or other flammable substances. There are prescription remedies available for head lice, but the majority of them are still pesticides and their efficacy is usually below 90%.
I know several moms personally who have gone to Rapunzel’s, including myself. And, what I can’t stress enough is the amount of time, money and stress that goes into dealing with ridding your household of lice. If you go through Rapunzel’s, you will take care of your child’s lice situation in a day’s time and you will actually save yourself money, time, and loads of stress.
Unless you’ve dealt with lice, it’s hard to imagine the amount of work that goes into the whole process of hair care and home care – washing, cleaning, sterilizing… It’s a full time job. I spent morning til night throwing loads of laundry, sheets, pillows, etc. in the dryer; doing hair treatments and lice checks on my daughter than ran about 3 hours long; vacuuming carpets and furniture; vacuuming out the fabric seats in the car; and so much more. Every day that goes by where the lice is not completely ridden, you are thrown into another round of cleaning, sterilizing and hair treatments/combing/lice checks…
With Rapunzel’s, you shorten the process to one time. At the treatment center, they spend about three hours on the following lice treatment process:
1. Heat treatment all throughout your hair using the LouseBuster™. This resembles a hair dryer. It’s as simple as that.
2. Spray hair with enzyme-rich Lice-Sense™ nit glue dissolver. Lice-Sense™ Nit Glue dissolver breaks down the stubborn glue that binds nits to hair. Wait 20 minutes, and then gently comb out the nits with the industry leader Fairy Lice Mothers’ Magic Wand nit comb. This nit comb is the tool professionals use. Its serrated teeth grind up the nits without damaging your hair.
3. To destroy the bugs they apply Lice-Sense™ Extra Strength Lice Killer. Lice-sense™ Extra Strength Lice killer exterminates lice in seconds. This silicone based product works by suffocating the lice and is completely non-toxic.
This process was completed as my daughter sat back and watched a movie. I can’t tell you the relief of putting my hands up and giving this one to hands of the experts. When my daughter and I left, I felt confident and relieved that after one final “home sterilization,” we would be in the clear and I could get back to my daily routine. Rapunzel’s also gives you a small bottle of the Lice Killer to repeat the process in a few days as a double check. And, you go back for a final lice check 2 weeks after the procedure.
Rapunzel’s Lice Boutique
4147 Metro Pkwy Suite 104
Sterling Heights, MI 48310
Phone – 586-698-2453
Hot line- 734-929-9080