This dish reminds me of a Hamburger Helper dish. But, I'm guessing it's better for you as it's missing all the additives and such. It's a flexible recipe and can be easily altered to your liking... e.g. skip the mushrooms, add broccoli, etc. Here's how to make your own "Hamburger Helper"...
Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe Ingredients:
- Cream of mushroom condensed soup (I used Pacific Natural Foods organic brand)
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground veal or pork
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 3 fresh mushrooms chopped (optional)
- dash black pepper
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Medium width egg noodle pasta, cooked
Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe Directions:
Saute meat in pan until cooked, add garlic, mushrooms and onion and cook another 1-2 minutes. Add soup and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add cheese and cooked pasta. Mix well and serve.
Click here to become an Oakland County Moms member or find us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
Click here for more recipes.