Sensory Friendly Films – AMC Theatres
AMC Theatres throughout Metro Detroit, Michigan (and the country) hold sensory friendly film showings for individuals and families affected by autism and other disabilities as part of their Sensory Friendly Films program.
Families affected by autism and other disabilities can enjoy movies in a safe and accepting environment during the monthly Sensory Friendly Films program. Sensory film showings feature lowered sound and dim lighting. Patrons can bring their own gluten-free or casein-free snacks and the kids can “dance, walk, shout or sing” or move about the aisles. No previews or advertisements will be shown before the movies. The movies are geared toward children ages 5 & up and showings begin at 10am. All shows are at 10:00 am local time. Dates and films are subject to change so it’s best to contact the participating theatres directly before each sesnsory friendly film showing.
AMC Theatres participating in the Sensory Friendly Films Program in the Metro Detroit / SE Michigan area include:
AMC Forum 30
44681 Mound Road
Sterling Hts, Michigan
AMC Star Gratiot 21
35705 Gratiot Avenue
Clinton Township, Michigan
AMC Livonia 20
19500 Haggerty Rd
Upcoming Sensory Friendly Film showings at Metro Detroit, Michigan AMC Theatres for 2014:
- Saturday, January 25, 2014 – NUT JOB
- Saturday, February 25, 2014 – THE LEGO MOVIE
- Saturday, March 29, 2014 – MUPPETS MOST WANTED
- Saturday, April 19, 2014 – RIO 2
- Saturday, May 31, 2014 – MALFEICENT
- Saturday, June 21, 2014 – HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2
- Saturday, July 26, 2014 – PLANES: FIRE & RESCUE
- Saturday, September 27, 2014 – DOLPHIN TALE 2
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 – BOOK OF LIFE
- Saturday, November 28, 2014 – HOME 3-D
- Saturday, December 12, 2014 – PADDINGTON
AMC Theatres Sensory Friendly Film Program is held in conjunction with the Autism Society.
For more info:
AMC Entertainment Community Relations
See related posts below or our HEALTH/SPECIAL NEEDS tab for more info on events and activities for youth and adults in Metro Detroit, Michigan with autism or other special needs.