Smackwater Jack’s Cafe Downtown Rochester – Review and Pics
Smackwater Jack’s Cafe is the latest addition to the Downtown Rochester restaurant collection. Smackwater Jack’s is off of Walnut Street at the corner of Third Street, located inside Designhaus Architecture.
The decor at Smackwater Jack’s is very trendy and modern but the room is a bit small as it seats a maximum capacity of 65. I was somewhat disappointed with Smackwater Jack’s. Their slick logo and modern decor had me thinking I was walking into a cool Downtown Rochester bar or hangout like Penny Black. Instead, Smackwater is just a great looking (but small) lunch cafe.
Smackwater Jack’s menu features gourmet pizza, New York-style sandwiches, salads and coffee. The format is cafe style – order at the counter and someone brings out your food when ready.
Being that there is no wait staff and this is not a sit-down restaurant, I consider the pricing to be high. Smackwater Jack’s is similar to an overpriced Panera and I’d rather just eat at Panera. The sandwiches average $9, the salads are about $8 and go as high as $13. The pizzas average $15.
At Smackwater Jack’s, everything is a la carte. Also, Smackwater Jack’s doesn’t sell regular soft drinks, just bottled beverages. They also offer bottled Smart Water so be sure to specify tap water if that’s what you’re looking for because everything else is designer-style sodas and bottled waters.
I think Smackwater Jack’s might be a “dine once” kind of place. You might want to try it out because it’s new, but you’ll soon realize there are many other places where you can get the same style food for a much better deal. Still, I have to give kudos to the designers. Smackwater Jack’s looks fantastic.
Rochester, MI 48307
Smackwater Jack’s Cafe Hours
Mon-Thu, Sun 10am-8pm
See related articles and posts below for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan restaurant reviews, pics and more.
- KaleidoScoops And Rendezvous Caffe - Waterford - Review and Pics
- The Bronx Deli - Pontiac - Review and Pics
- Penny Black Restaurant - Rochester, Michigan - Review and Pics
- Val's Coney Island - Rochester Hills - Closed
- Chadd's Bistro Restaurant - Rochester Hills - Review
- Monk Beer Abbey Restaurant - Royal Oak - Review
- Johnny Blacks Public House Restaurant - Rochester Hills - Review
- The Hills Bar and Grille - Rochester Hills, MI - Review and Pics
- Jersey Mike's Subs - Rochester Hills - Review