Smashburger – West Bloomfield, Troy Michigan – Review and Pics
The war for the Best Burger in Metro Detroit title is fierce and Smashburger has entered the hamburger fray with its first location in Oakland County. We’re all winners in the burger wars! You don’t have to drive too far in Oakland County to get a great hamburger.
Smashburger is strikingly similar to restaurants like Burgrz (review) in Rochester Hills and Royal Oak and various chains like 5 Guys Burgers and Fries (review). For those unfamiliar with these restaurants, the premise is simple…
Smashburger (and the like) offer simplistic menus of mostly burgers and fries in a clean and casual atmosphere. Think of it as fast food done smarter. The hamburgers are better, the atmosphere is better and the prices reflect the better quality without the usual dine-in wait staff experience. Simply place your order, grab your drink and sit where you want.
The hamburgers at Smashburger are tremendous. They use 100% Angus beef served on a choice of buns (classic, multi-grain, spicy chipotle). Smashburger offers 5 different hamburgers that start at 1/3 lb for $4.99. You can step up to a 1/2 lb burger for an extra dollar.
Hamburger options at Smashburger include:
- Classic Smashburger (cheese, ketchup. lettuce, pickles, smash sauce and onions)
- All-American (American cheese, ketchup, mustard, onion)
- Mushroom Swiss (mushrooms, Swiss cheese and mayo
- BBQ Bacon Cheddar (Michigan Cherry BBQ sauce, smoked bacon, cheddar cheese and haystack onions)
- Michigan Olive (chopped green olives, American cheese, lettuce, tomato and mayo)
- Spicy Baja (Pepper jack cheese, guac, lettuce, tomato, onion, chipotle mayo and jalapenos).
You can also choose from over 18 free sauces and toppings to customize your Smashburger burger. Smashburger even has other add-ons like bacon, fried eggs, guacamole, chili and more. The add-ons cost an extra 75 cents to a dollar per.
Hamburgers are the star of the show at Smashburger but they also offer grilled or crispy chicken options, salads, hot dogs, veggie burgers, and Haagen-Dazs shakes and floats. French Fries make the burger experience and the fries at Smashburger are excellent! Thin-cut and cooked in rosemary, olive oil and garlic. Very tasty!
The casual, no-nonsense atmosphere at Smashburger makes it an ideal place for kids. The Smashburger kids menu offers 4 different options (all at $3.99). The Smashburger West Bloomfield location offers Monday Night Family Night where kids eat free after 4p. Buy one entree and receive a free kids meal. The Kids Eat Free at Smashburger promotion is “for a limited time only” so make sure you call ahead.
Smashburger is an allergy-friendly restaurant. The friendly staff usually asks if there are allergy concerns before you order. They take the time to explain that they will cook your burgers and fries however you need allergy-wise and explain the ingredients.
I enjoyed my Smashburger burger and Smashfries and will gladly return. The overall quality is as good as 5 Guys and Burgrz and I definitely preferred the fries at Smashburger. The promise of a better burger than fast food definitely rings true, just expect to pay more for the quality. You can get a nice lunch or dinner at Smashburger for about $10.
6919 Orchard Lake Road
West Bloomfield Township, MI 48322
Smashburger Hours: Open from 10a-10p – 7 days a week.
See related articles and posts below for more Oakland County and Metro Detroit, Michigan restaurant reviews, pics and more.
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries - Rochester Hills, MI - Review
- Rocket Burger Restaurant - Pontiac, MI - Review and Pics
- Jake's Wayback Burgers Restaurant - Rochester Hills - Review
- B Spot Rochester Hills Review and Pics
- Fuddruckers Bloomfield Twp Review and Pics
- Vinsetta Grill Restaurant - Royal Oak, Michigan - Review and Pics
- Topz Healthier Burger Grill - Birmingham - Review and Pics CLOSED
- The Silverdome Bar and Grill - Pontiac Silverdome - Review
- Burgrz - Rochester Hills, MI - Restaurant Review
- Fuddruckers - Metro Detroit Michigan - Review
July 30, 2014
July 30, 2014
July 29, 2014
July 29, 2014
July 28, 2014