Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk 2015
Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk 2015 – 2015 Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk info, review and pics. Enjoy a tour of Meadow Brook Mansion during the Christmas and Holiday season.
The Meadow Brook Hall annual Holiday Walk explores the Dodge and Wilson families’ winter traditions and activities they enjoyed while living on the Meadow Brook Estate. Often referred to as one of America’s “castles”, the 110-room, 88,000-square-foot mansion is currently the fourth largest historic house museum in the United States.
Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk 2015 Hours and Prices
- Dates are from November 27, 2015 through December 23, 2015.
- Tours Daily Daily from 11:00am–5:00pm (last admittance is at 4:00pm)
- Admission is $20 for Adults, $12 for OU staff, $5 for OU students, $5 for kids 17 and under and free for kids under 2.
Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk 2015 Special Events
- Visit With Santa on December 12 and December 13 from noon-4p. Children of all ages are welcome to share their Christmas wishes with Santa at Knole Cottage, the 3/4-scale playhouse built for Frances Dodge. No admission but donations are appreciated.
- Breakfast with Santa on December 6 and December 13 from 10a-noon. $30 for chldren 12 and under/$35 for adults. Call 248-364-6263 for more info.
- Supper with Santa on December 6 from 5-7p. $30 for chldren 12 and under/$35 for adults. Call 248-364-6263 for more info.
- Starlight Stroll on December 17 from 7-10p. Enjoy an elegant evening of holiday entertainment, strolling dinner, cocktails and more. Cost is $75 per person. Call 248-364-6263 for more info.
- Holiday High Tea on December 8 and December 15. enjoy traditional teas, savories and sweets served in the magnificent Christopher Wren Dining Room. Optional touring at 2p, tea begins at 3p. Please call 248-364-6263 for more information. $50 per person.
- Holiday Gift Shop is open daily from 11a-5p.
Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk Pics
Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk Video
Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk 2015 features
- The Fountain Room
- The China Vault
- Games Room
- Dining Room & Breakfast Room
- Alfred’s Study
- Morning Room
- Great Hall
- Living Room
- Sun Porch
- Upper Great Hall
- Danny Dodge Wing – Bedroom and West Guest Room
- Frances Dodge Wing – Bedroom & Blue Guest Room
- French Room
- Adams Room – Barbara Wilson’s Bedroom
- Alfred Wilson’s Bedroom
- Italian Room
- Matilda Wilson’s Bedroom
- Matilda Wilson’s Dressing Room
- English Room
- Linen Room
- Danny’s CabinKnole Cottage
Meadow Brook Hall
480 South Adams Road
Rochester, Michigan 48309-4401
Meadow Brook Hall is the historic home built by one of the automotive aristocracy’s most remarkable women, Matilda Dodge Wilson, widow of auto pioneer John Dodge, and her second husband, Alfred Wilson. Constructed between 1926 and 1929, Meadow Brook Hall represents one of the finest examples of Tudor-revival architecture in America, and is especially renowned for its superb craftsmanship, architectural detailing and grand scale of 88,000 square-feet. It was the center of a country estate that included 1,500 acres, numerous farm buildings, recreational facilities, several residences and formal gardens. For more info, see the official Meadow Brook Hall and Gardens website.
See related articles and posts below for more Christmas and Holiday events, activities and things to do in Metro Detroit and Oakland County, Michigan.
This page is intended to be used as a guide. Oakland County Moms does not endorse these events. Oakland County Moms is not responsible for changes to event descriptions, event times or details being altered without notice or cancellations.
Meadow Brook Hall Holiday Walk is in its 44th year.